We will NOT be accepting Seal of Approval applications for 3rd Quarter 2013.
In the last six months, we have lost two volunteers on the Seal of Approval Committee. In addition, we’ve been experiencing an increase in submissions.
We’re working on restructuring the back end. We have put a few things in place, including a limit on the number of titles an author can submit each quarter as well as a limit to the total number of submissions we’ll accept. We’ll be employing a waiting list in the future.
If you’re interested in being an evaluator for the Seal of Approval process, we’d love to have you. Evaluating includes:
- Reading at least one book a quarter;
- Determining whether a book is appropriate to be sold in a Catholic bookstore;
- Determining whether a book has earned the Seal based on being true to the teachings of the Magisterium;
- Assessing whether a book needs further editing to bear the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval; and
- Completing the SOA Evaluation form and submitting it by the deadline stated to evaluators.
The purpose of the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval is to help Catholic bookstores and venues in their determination of the Catholicity of a work. This reassurance from a professional organization can assist authors in marketing and promoting their works to Catholic bookstores.
For more information, feel free to contact me directly. I’m going to be contacting a few people personally to try and flesh out the committee vacancies before 4th Quarter submissions begin in September. I will also be contacting the current evaluators to touch base and make sure we’re all on the same page with expectations.
Thanks for your support and prayers!